Sunday, December 9, 2012

Operation De-Lampification: Week 2 Update

It's been about two weeks since I publically posted my private shame of a spare bedroom that had been infested with lamps. My plan was to use regular blog postings about the de-lampification process to pressure me into action. Two weeks in, I've learned something very important about myself:



Apparently I am incredibly tolerable of public humiliation. Especially when avoiding it will require me to actually do something. Laziness it is!

The only work I've done to the Lamp Room is to shuffle some of the lamps around to make it easier to access non-lamp items in the room. Not really any significant progress. Just, you know, herded them into a corner of the room. I did manage to "herd" the lamps multiple times. The first roundup was triggered by me needing to get into the closet located directly behind the lamps. So I moved them all to the other side of the room, directly in front of the bookshelf. A few day later, I had to get something off the bookshelf. Translation: lamps dragged across the room again ... back in front of the closet.

I have danced this little do-si-do three times now. So I'm getting REALLY good at moving the lamps. I'm going to take that as a sign of progress. Also, last weekend I had the excuse of food poisoning, which led to a non-productive Sunday. This weekend, I don't really have an excuse. But that means that, technically, I'm only a week behind where I should be. And, thanks to Pinterest, I've done a TON of online research on what I envision this room eventually looking like. I work in academia: I'm all about the literature review, much more so than the experiment or application of results.

No comments:

Post a Comment